Christian Counseling Associates was Incorporated in 1979 as a not-for-profit corporation in the state of Maryland. We have been recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt religious and educational organization and all gifts made to CCA qualify as charitable gifts to an exempt organization.
When CCA was founded in 1979, it was because of the difficulty of finding appropriate resources to refer people who needed mental health care from a Christian perspective. Now we have grown to a staff of 13 counselors plus office workers. Here are some facts and accomplishments about CCA over the past 36 years.
- We work with an average of 1400 clients annually; individual adults, couples, children, adolescents and families. We currently spend more than 9000 hours with our clients each year.
- We are determined to continue participating in insurance company panels in order to enable people to use their healthcare coverage to pay for our services, making those services available to many people who could not otherwise afford them.
- In contact with Churches and ministry groups in Howard County and the surrounding area, we have provided speakers and consultation services for more than 30 years, often at reduced fees or at no cost.
God has blessed us in so many ways over the years, yet we are at a point where several concerns impact us and we need your support in meeting the challenges presented by these concerns:
- Contracted reimbursement rates for insurance companies have stayed virtually the same for the last 15 years, while our rent and other expenses have increased by 20% and more!
- Changes in regulations and laws have increased the necessity for us to make expensive upgrades to our computer equipment and software in order to protect the privacy of our clients’ health information and to comply with new requirements for billing, coding and claim submission.
- These same pressures caused the Christian Counseling Center of Annapolis to close completely in April of 2015.
Please consider giving to CCA any amount you would be able to give in order to enable us to continue providing our ministry and services to the people of Howard County and the surrounding area. Christian Counseling Associates is a qualified charitable 501 (c)3 corporation in the state of Maryland, therefore your contribution is fully tax deductible.
We also have events that help us raise funds while you get to have a good time helping us raise funds, such as eating out at a local restaurant. This helps both CCA and local businesses and you get an evening out – and there is no extra cost to you other that the amount you would have spent on the meal anyway. Visit our Events page for our upcoming events.
Please feel free to contact our Executive Director about how you might make a donation in some other form, such as a gift of appreciated stock. We sincerely appreciate you as our client. May God bless you and your family.